AI Based Autonomous Flight Technology
Nearthlab’s technology has been recognized in the global market through invitations
to major technical conferences hosted by NVDIA, DJI and Softbank
and has been named a CES® 2022 Innovation Awards Honoree.
Localization & Mapping
- AI-Fusion Technology for Autonomous Flight
- The first hurdle of autonomous flight is the task of accurately recognizing target objects, their surrounding environment and determining their location. Nearthlab has technology that combines various sensors and methodologies including computer vision, deep learning, LiDAR, IMU, GPS and more to identify the surrounding environment and obstacles as well as determine the current status of the drone.
- Maximized Edge Computing Technology
- Drones cannot utilize heavy computers with high computational speeds due to limitations in flight time. All calculations for sensor fusion, perception, localization, and mapping must be processed via a small onboard computer. After creating an early autonomous flight prototype in 2018, Nearthlab has maximized the capabilities of edge computing technology through multiple years of improvements.
- Customized Guidance and Path Planning Technology
- Nearthlab’s engineers have planned and designed routes not only for drones but also guided missiles, robots and autonomous vehicles. With such expertise, Nearthlab has developed technologies which generates the optimal routes for drones to safely avoid obstacles while properly inspecting a chosen target. During flight, the drone uses guidance and path planning technology to calculate its status while analyzing the surrounding environment to automatically generate the ideal route.